Sunday, February 24, 2008

No country for young men

Muse of the day: Mounting face stubble; Alone time; Hard copy first draft

I'm pleased to report that the road to recovery is slowly showing itself. Despite the occasional un-scratchable itch, and some weird tingling if antibiotics are not taken without food, I'm looking forward to having my forehead back by Wednesday. Although this may mean that I will have to find some other way to look mean/tough; this incident has definitely has if nothing else taught me many lessons about responsibility and vanity.
For instance: until two days ago, I was completely unaware of the myriad perks of candor and a broken face. (I am fairly sure that just as many jokes have been made on my behalf, but I really only give half a shit.) It has served as a conversation piece on everything from bicycle safety to responsible alcohol consumption, and from many fun injury stories to that self-realization of just how lucky we all are to be alive...So in short--and I will try to promise to speak no more of this--it has ironically been an eye-opening experience, despite the reality of my eye being quite swollen.

I wish that there were some other news to report, but then again since I'm not really "reporting" to anyone through this in the first place, at least it's off my mind. Right now the plan is one of my old favorites... laying low for a while and figuring out that all important next move.

No comments: